LA Solar Pros are solar companies that are supporters of LSES and are approved by LSES in the solar industry. A company may be approved by LSES if it meets six LSES requirements meant to ensure quality and ability to receive the LA tax credit. Solar Pros are featured in our quarterly newsletters, and are welcome to be guest speakers at our monthly meetings. To view a list of our Solar Pros, click here.
Below are the 6 requirements to be qualified as a LA Solar Pro (*New since 2012):
- Listed on the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors with a classification in Solar Energy Equipment http://www.lslbc.louisiana.gov.
- Listed on the Louisiana Secretary of State Commercial Division Corporation Database as a business http://www400.sos.louisiana.gov/app1/paygate/crpinq.jsp.
- Proof of certification through a recognized organization, such as NABCEP, FSEC, SEI, or a LA Community College or Tech College training course for solar energy. You can send proof of certification either by scanning and sending it to email@example.com, or mailing it to us at LSES/5261 Highland Rd. #217/Baton Rouge, LA 70808. *For Baton Rouge Community College Course Schedule click here (link has not been updated). To print a registration form click here.
- Must send in a quarterly report of number of installations and DC kilowatts. (This is for the LSES State Solar Annual Report).
- Annual membership fee of $200 paid to LSES.
- * NEW for 2012: Accredited through the Better Business Bureau. In order to receive this accreditation, a company must have been in business for at least one year, demonstrate sound business practices, and meet the Accreditation Standards set forth by the BBB. To apply for BBB accreditation click here.